4/14/05

Put Some South in Your Mouth

Busy travel week this week. Houston Monday, Atlanta Tuesday night. But i'm here til tomorrow. I like it here. Lots to see and more than anything else good eats. I had lunch yesterday here www.oldhickoryhouse.com and I tell you what that was some good bar-b-q. I had me the people pleaser platter. Any good lunch has three kinds of meats right? I had BBQ pork, beef and ribs with brunswick stew and baked beans. Well, the waitress picks up on my accent and the fact that my eyes are glazing over this grub and asks me if I want to sample some more? Giddyup! Next thing I know they have seven side order samplers coming at me. A bit much for lunch but I only get here a couple of times a year. Meeting went well too & I met my first east indian redneck. Ya gotta call for details on that one! As an add on it's Thursday and I just came back from Downtown and a trip to www.thevarsity.com , an Atlanta tradition. You're greeted by a line of folks screamin' "what'll ya have". Tonight the fine dining was a couple of chili slaw dogs, rings and a frosted orange to drink. Nasty, but tasty and I'll probably visit next time. Salad tomorrow I promise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

follow me on Twitter