9/27/05

In the land of the Original Mouse

Hello all and greetings from Anaheim. We are attending a food equipment show here. Come out late on Wednesday and head back Tuesday. Long flights and damn NorthWest for having piss poor service and no fun onbard. No tv, no movie, no snack. GRRR. Anywho, it is different out here. People ask “Did you have fun?” or “See lots?”. Not really on this one sorry. Thursday we had to setup for the show and starting Friday we were there all day for the weekend. A four hour time change can be a bitch as well. I’m used to the one hour difference no problem but four? Waking at 4AM does not serve me well.

Anyway as far as I can understand most of California is covered in strip malls and greasy joints. We got in late Wednesday night and couldn’t find anything normal so we wound up at Del Taco. 3 can dine for $9.99, also made it to In-n-Out Burger as well. There were some good eats however at the Belagio, Flemings and crazy place called Memphis. We had 10 folks in the entourage and one was a new guy. Kinda shy, anyway he was surprised at meal time to see food traveling in all directions. We always like to share eats and drinks. The show wrapped on Sunday and we tore down Monday morning.

The afternoon we had some time to go visit a potential customer from the show who happened to have a store in Disneyland. I’ve never been to Disney World in Florida so I had no idea what expect from this. Well, first it’s small, I expected massive space with cool things. What I found was retail everywhere and rides under maintenance. I never even saw the damn mouse. Anyway I’ll likely never be here again so at least I can say been there done that.
As Paulie from the Sopranos would say “Remember this my friend, take it for what it’s worth but always remember to take it!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

follow me on Twitter