9/8/06

It's Prine Time!!!

As you know my musical tastes are diverse! I love getting to concerts and I have music going from morning to night. From time to time I catch a show that spins me around and blows my mind. Three years ago it was John Prine at the Cohn. Just a trio on stage, no flashy lights but he had the crowd in the palm of his hand. Awesome, well he's back again tonight and I'm there fourth row with the same yahoos I saw him with three years ago. Thanks to my buddy Gord who got me hooked on him with lyrics like this
Souvenirs

All the snow has turned to water
Christmas days have come and gone
Broken toys and faded colors
Are all that's left to linger onI hate graveyards and old pawn shops
For they always bring me tearsI can't forgive the way they rob me
Of my childhood souvenirs
Chorus
Memories they can't be boughten
They can't be won at carnivals for free
Well it took me years
To get those souvenirs
And I don't know how they slipped away from me

Broken hearts and dirty windows
Make life difficult to see
That's why last night and this mornin'
Always look the same to me
I hate reading old love letters
For they always bring me tears
I can't forgive the way they rob me
Of my sweetheart's souvenirs
(Repeat chorus)

John Prine is one of the World's best songwriters and in my strange little mind entertainers.

Great weekend on tap. Prine tonight. Children's wish golf tournament tomorrow. Dinner with friends. Nighr race at Richmond. Liam wraps ball on Sunday and supposedly good weather.

Aaaaaah.

Mood of the moment ~ Happy Happy Joy Joy
Tune of the Moment ~ Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
What's for supper ~ Wings at Your Fathers Mouthstache

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

follow me on Twitter